The best way to cancel remaining meetings in a series is to send a meeting update with a new end date. This prevents the deletion of any meeting agenda, notes, and attachments you or the attendees saved in past meetings on your calendar.
Important Any exceptions associated with the recurring meeting will be lost. To learn more about exceptions, see “Working with recurring meetings” in Best practices when using the Outlook Calendar.
- On the Navigation Bar (Navigation Bar: Commands at the bottom of the Outlook window that enable you to quickly navigate to Mail, Calendar, People, and Tasks.), click Calendar.
- Double-click any meeting in the series.
- Click The entire series, and then click OK.
- Click Meeting Series > Recurrence.
- Under Range of recurrence, click End by, and then enter a date prior to the next meeting in the series.
- Type a message to let the attendees know the future meetings are cancelled.
- Click Send Update.
Only the meeting organizer—the person who sends a meeting request—can send a meeting update or a cancellation.
To cancel all meetings in a recurring series before the first meeting, see Cancel all meetings in a recurring series. To cancel just one meeting in the series, see Cancel one meeting in a recurring series.