Before we get started with advanced IF functions, let's do a quick IF function refresher first. Watch this video for some examples.
Other videos in this course
This video is part of a training course called Advanced IF functions. You can download the entire course or watch the videos online:
- Video: Advanced IF functions. (You are here!) Before we get started with advanced IF functions, let's do a quick IF function refresher first. Watch this video for some examples.
- Video: Nested IF functions. Nested IF functions, meaning one IF function inside of another, allow you to test multiple criteria and increases the number of possible outcomes.
- Video: IF with AND and OR. Watch this video to see how to extend the functionality of the IF function by nesting AND and OR functions.
- Video: COUNTIFS and SUMIFS. COUNTIFS applies criteria to cells across multiple ranges and counts the number of times all criteria are met. SUMIFS adds the cells in a range that meet multiple criteria.
- Video: AVERAGEIFS and IFERROR. AVERAGEIFS returns the average of all cells that meet multiple criteria. IFERROR returns the value specified if AVERAGEIFS evaluates to an error.
Need a reminder of what you learned? See the course summary.
Ready for another tutorial? See the complete list of Excel 2013 training courses.