Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 gives you the tools you need to complete school and home projects efficiently — from creating outstanding class presentations to managing household finances.
Design school presentations that get attention
- Add eye-catching effects and media — including video, audio, and photos — to class presentations, with easy-to-use tools in PowerPoint 2010.
- Make slides more memorable with photo-editing features that let you crop, control brightness and contrast, sharpen or soften, and add other visual effects without leaving PowerPoint 2010.
- Insert and edit videos right in your presentation and add creative effects with the video editor.
- Add a professional touch with dynamic slide transitions and animations.
- Broadcast your PowerPoint 2010 presentation through a web browser to remote audiences — even if they don’t have PowerPoint.
Manage your household budget
- Build a budget and track expenses quickly with ready-to-use templates in Excel 2010.
- See important data trends quickly with easy-to-use analysis tools such as Sparklines that show a tiny chart embedded in a cell or Conditional Formatting to help you easily spot variations.
- Use improved charting tools and SmartArt® graphics to make dynamic charts, diagrams, and graphs to easily spot trends and better understand your budget.
Organize all of your information in one place
- Create a digital notebook in OneNote 2010 to organize your ideas and important information for any project, from a home remodel to a major purchase decision.
- Capture and share all the materials and media for a project in a OneNote notebook: text, images, video, audio, screen clippings, and more.
- Find the information you need with simple tagging and search functions.
- Take notes as you work in a Word 2010 document, a PowerPoint 2010 presentation, or in Windows Internet Explorer. Notes link automatically to the page you’re working on in the other application so that you can easily search and find them.
Create stand-out reports, resumes, newsletters, and more
- Create professional-looking documents quickly, from school reports to family newsletters, using ready-made templates in Word 2010.
- Communicate your ideas visually with dozens of SmartArt graphics that you can customize.
- Make title pages and headings stand out with effects like glow, reflections, and shadows that you can apply to your text.
- Browse through an outline of your document’s pages or headings, or view search results in the improved Navigation Pane.
Access, edit, and share your projects from almost everywhere1
- Get things done even when you’re away from home with Office Web Apps.
- Create documents in Office 2010, post them online to Windows Live SkyDrive, and access, view, and edit them with Office Web Apps from almost anywhere you have Internet access.
- Edit your report, newsletter, or presentation online with Web Apps, which give you the familiar Office experience you expect.
- Share your documents online to work together with classmates and family members.
1 An appropriate device, Internet connection, and Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari browser are required. There are some differences between the features of the Office Web Apps and the Office 2010 applications.