If you’re upgrading from Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (or earlier) to Microsoft Excel 2010, you’ll no doubt have questions at first. For example, you may wonder where certain buttons are in the new ribbon interface. To help you get used to Excel 2010, we created a short guide that answers common customer questions about the transition. Click the link below, and the guide opens as a PDF file in Adobe Reader. You can then view the guide, print it out, or save it for later use.
Inside the guide
- A quick, visual introduction to the ribbon and other parts of the Excel 2010 interface.
- Where to find menu-to-ribbon reference guides, training, and other useful resources for Excel 2010.
- Where to find things you might be looking for, such as the Tools | Options dialog box.
- How to customize the Excel 2010 ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar.
- How to exchange files with people who don’t yet have Excel 2010.
- How to enable Solver or other Excel add-ins.
- Where to find commands for working with macros, form controls, and other advanced features.
Note If you're upgrading from Excel 2007, and you want to know only about new features in Excel 2010, read this article: What's New in Excel 2010.