The AutoFormat feature, which was part of Microsoft Office 2003, is not included in the 2007 Microsoft Office system.
There are two ways to use the capabilities of the AutoFormat feature:
- You can use other features in Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Office Outlook. The AutoFormat As You Type tab includes the most useful capabilities of the AutoFormat feature. For more information, see Use automatic formatting as you type.
- In Word, you can add the AutoFormat command to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Add the AutoFormat command to the Quick Access Toolbar in Word
If you want to use the AutoFormat feature in Word, you can add the command to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Note You cannot restore the AutoFormat feature in Outlook.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Word Options.
- Click Customize.
- In the Word Options dialog box, in the Choose commands from list , click All Commands.
- In the list of commands in the selected category, click AutoFormat, and then click Add.
Note Optionally, you can also add the AutoFormat Now command.
For more information on the Quick Access Toolbar, see Customize the Quick Access Toolbar.