This feature is available in the Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, Japanese, and Korean language versions of Microsoft Office. Because handwriting recognition is not installed by default in all of these languages, you may need to install it separately.
Note If Microsoft Word is enabled as your e-mail editor, you can use this feature in Microsoft Outlook.
- Place the insertion point where you want to insert a drawing.
- On the Language bar, click Drawing Pad .
If Drawing Pad is not available, click Handwriting on the Language bar, and then select Drawing Pad .
- To increase or decrease the size of the Drawing Pad box, move the pointer to an outside edge of the box until it changes into a double-headed arrow, and then drag to the desired size.
- Move the insertion point into the Drawing Pad box until it changes to a pen .
- To draw, use a handwriting input device, or move your mouse on your mouse pad to form a drawing.
- To revise a drawing, do either of the following:
To insert the completed drawing, click Insert Drawing .
Select what you want to do next by doing one of the following:
- To remove the last drawing stroke, click Remove Last Stroke .
- To remove the entire drawing from the Drawing Pad box, click Clear .
- To use the Writing Pad box to insert writing, click Writing Pad on the Drawing Pad toolbar.
- To stop using handwriting, click Close on the Drawing Pad toolbar.
You can change pen color and width by clicking Options in the upper left corner of the Drawing Pad box and then clicking Options.