- On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options.
- To select the options, do one or more of the following:
- To show or hide the AutoCorrect Options buttons, select or clear the Show AutoCorrect Options buttons check box.
- To set the capitalization options, select or clear the next five check boxes in the dialog box.
- To turn on or off the AutoCorrect entries, select or clear the Replace text as you type check box.
- To turn on or off the spelling checker corrections, select the Replace text as you type check box, and then select or clear the Automatically use suggestions from the spelling checker check box.
Note To select the Automatically use suggestions from the spelling checker check box, you must first turn on automatic spell checking (On the Tools menu, click Options, and on the Spelling & Grammar tab, select the Check spelling as you type check box.
You can undo a correction or turn AutoCorrect options on or off by clicking an option on the AutoCorrect Options button . The button first appears as a small, blue box when you rest the mouse pointer near text that is automatically corrected, and it changes to a button icon when you point to it.