- Open the document you want to revise.
- On the Tools menu, click Track Changes.
When the Track Changes feature is enabled, TRK appears on the status bar (status bar: A horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen that displays information about the current condition of the program, such as the status of items in the window, the progress of the current task, or information about the selected item.) at the bottom of your document. When you turn off change tracking, TRK is dimmed.
- Make the changes you want by inserting, deleting, or moving text or graphics. You can also change formatting.
- You can change the color and other formatting that Word uses to mark changed text and graphics.
- If you use change tracking and then save your document as a Web page, tracked changes will appear on your Web page.
- If you hide a type of markup by clearing it on the Show menu, the markup automatically appears each time the document is opened unless you clear the Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving check box on the Security tab of the Options dialog box (Tools menu). Even if you clear this check box, the markup is still in the document and can be revealed by selecting the type of markup on the Show menu.