You can add dot leaders between tab stops or choose other formatting options in the Tabs dialog box.
- Type the text that you want.
- On the horizontal ruler, set the tab stop that you want.
- On the Page Layout tab, click the Paragraph Dialog Box Launcher.
- In the Paragraph dialog box, click Tabs.
- Under Leader, click the leader option that you want.
When you press ENTER to start a new line, the formatted tab stop is available on the new line.
Show me »
Video created by Office Online staff writers
Tip If you want to use tab stops and dot leaders to format a table of contents, consider using Word to create a table of contents automatically.
Top of Page