A quick way to set tab stops in your document is to click in the ruler where you want the tabs to appear.
- If you don't see the ruler at the top of your document, click View > Ruler to display it.
- Click the tab selector at the left end of the ruler until it displays the type of tab stop you want.
- Click the bottom edge of the ruler wherever you want the tab.
- To adjust its position, just drag it left or right along the ruler to where you want it.
To remove a tab stop, drag it off the ruler.
Precisely set tab stops using the Tabs dialog box
If you want more precision than you can get with the ruler, or if you want to insert a specific character (leader) before the tab, us the Tabs dialog box.
- Click Page Layout, and then click the Paragraph Dialog Box Launcher.
- Click Tabs.
- Under Tab stop position, type the location where you want to set the tab stop.
- Under Alignment, click the type of tab stop you want.
- To add dots with your tab stop, or to add another type of leader, click the option that you want under Leader.
- Click Set.
- Repeat steps 3-6 to add another tab stop, or click OK.
Top of Page