- Open the document that was filled in as a form (form: A document that contains fill-in blanks, or form fields, in which you enter information. For example, you can create an online registration form in Microsoft Word that uses drop-down lists from which users can select entries.) in Microsoft Word.
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Save tab.
- Select the Save data only for forms check box.
- Click OK.
- On the File menu, click Save Copy As.
- Type a file name in the File name box.
- In the Save as type box, select Plain Text, and then click Save.
- Select a text encoding option, and then click OK.
Word saves the form field (form field: In a form, a location where a particular type of data, such as a name or address, is stored.) data in a comma-delimited text file.