If you don't want content reviewers to accidentally change a Microsoft Word 2010 document or an Excel 2010 spreadsheet, you can make formatting and editing restrictions.
Restrict changes in Word 2010
- On the Review tab, in the Protect group click Restrict Editing.
- The Restrict Formatting and Editing pane appears.
- In Formatting restrictions, Editing restrictions and Start enforcement, you can make selections that meet your formatting and editing needs.
Restrict changes in Excel 2010
On the Review tab, in the Changes group, review the following protection options:
- Protect Sheet Protect the worksheet and contents of locked cells
- Protect Workbook Protect the workbook for structure and Windows
- Protect and Share Workbook Prevents removal of tracked changes
- Allow Users to Edit Ranges Determine what ranges can be edited
Top of Page