Removing a password from a document is a simple process, but you have to know the original password.
(The way to remove the password is the same process as creating a password and changing it, too.)
- Open the document and enter its password.
- Click File>Info>Protect Document>Encrypt with Password.
- Clear the password in the Password box, and then click OK.
- Passwords are case-sensitive. Make sure that the CAPS LOCK key is turned off when you enter a password for the first time.
- If you lose or forget a password, Word can’t recover your information so it might be a good idea to keep a copy of your password in a safe place or create a strong password that you’ll remember. Read more about resetting or recovering a forgotten password.