To move a watermark, you can open the header and adjust the watermark’s position on your document’s pages.
- Double-click the header area of your document.
The header area is active, the document body dims, and you can scroll down to see your watermark.
- Click the watermark to select it.
- Do one of the following:
- Drag the watermark to the location that you want.
- If your watermark is a text watermark, click the WordArt Tools tab, click Position in the Arrange group, and then click an option under With Text Wrapping.
- If your watermark is a picture watermark, click the Picture Tools tab, click Position in the Arrange group, and then click an option under With Text Wrapping.
- To change the rotation of a watermark, hover over the green dot until the cursor becomes a circular arrow, and then drag to rotate the watermark.
- On the Header and Footer Tools tab, in the Close group, click Close Header and Footer to return to your document.
Note If your document contains multiple sections that aren’t linked, you need to move the watermark in each section.
Top of Page