You must be running Microsoft Word on a Tablet PC (Tablet PC: A computer that runs Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. With a Tablet PC, you can write directly on the screen by using a tablet pen and use the pen to perform mouse functions. Also known as a tablet computer.) to use this feature.
- Do one of the following:
In print layout view
- On the Insert menu, tap Insert Ink Annotations.
In reading layout view
- On the Reading Layout toolbar, tap Actual Page .
- On the Reviewing toolbar, tap Insert Ink Annotations .
- Mark up the document similar to how you would do so on paper. For example, you can add notes in the margins, circle or underline content, cross out content, or indicate where you want to insert something.
- When you are finished, tap Stop Inking on the Ink Annotations toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.).
Note Changing the layout of the document — for example, by adding or removing content, changing margins or font size, or making other changes that change the layout of the document — may destroy the alignment between annotations and content.
Show or hide ink annotations by tapping Show/Hide Markup
on the Ink Annotations