Although a Quick Style set likely contains all of the styles that you need to build a document, you may want to add a brand-new style or change a few of the styles in a Quick Style set to reflect your document style preferences. After you add or change styles, you can save the new style combination as a custom Quick Style set with a different name.
What do you want to do?
Create a new Quick Style
- Select the text that you want to create as a new style.
For example, perhaps you want text that references certain aspects of your business to always appear as bold and red in your document.
- On the Mini toolbar that appears above your selection, click Bold and Red to format the text.
- Right-click the selection, point to Styles on the shortcut menu, and then click Save Selection as a New Quick Style.
- Give the style a name — for example, business — and then click OK.
The business style that you created appears in the Quick Styles gallery with the name you gave it, ready for you to use whenever you want text to be bold and red.
Top of Page
Change a style in a Quick Style set
Perhaps you want to change a style in a Quick Style set and save the new Quick Style set that you created.
- On the Home tab, in the Styles group, right-click the style that you want to change in the Quick Style gallery.
For example, right-click Heading 1 to change the color of the font style. To find and change more styles in the set, click the up arrow or down arrow next to the Quick Styles gallery.
- Click Modify on the shortcut menu.
- In the Modify Style dialog box, change the style any way that you want, and then click OK.
For example, under Formatting, click the arrow next to the Color box, and then click a new font color. All instances of the style are updated automatically throughout the document.
Top of Page
Save a custom Quick Style set
After you change a Quick Style set, you can save the new Quick Style set to the list of Style sets that you can choose from.
- Create new styles or change the styles in a Quick Style set.
Note You can also change the colors or fonts that are used in a Quick Style set by clicking Change Styles in the Styles group and then clicking Colors or Fonts.
- On the Home tab, in the Styles group, click Change Styles, and then point to Style Set.
- Click Save as Quick Style Set.
- In the Save Quick Style Set dialog box, type a name for your new Quick Style set, and then click Save.
To view the new Quick Style set, click Change Styles in the Styles group, and then point to Style Set. The new Quick Style set appears in the list so that you can apply it to a document at any time.
Top of Page