Do one of the following:
Automatically format as you type
- On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options, and then click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Select or clear the options you want.
Note You can undo formatting or turn options on or off by clicking an option on the AutoCorrect Options button . Depending on the situation, the entire button may appear or the button may first appear as a small, blue box that changes to a button icon when you point to it.
Automatically format after you type
- On the Format menu, click AutoFormat.
- To choose which types of automatic changes Microsoft Word makes, click Options, select or clear the options you want, and then click OK.
- Click a document type to apply the most appropriate formatting.
- Do one of the following:
- To have Word automatically format the document, click AutoFormat now.
- To review and accept or reject each change, click AutoFormat and review each change.
Note After your document has been automatically formatted, you can use the Style Gallery to select a professional document design.