- On the File menu, click Print.
If you have never added a printer, you must first set up a new printer.
- In Windows XP, click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
In Windows 2000, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
- In Windows XP, under Printer Tasks, click Add a printer.
In Windows 2000, double-click the Add Printer icon.
- Follow the instructions in the Add Printer Wizard.
If you want to print a test page, make sure the printer is turned on and ready to print.
- In the Name box, select the printer you want to use.
- If a printer you want is not listed and the Find Printer button is available, you can find it and add it to the list in the Name box and the Printers folder of your computer.
Note Active Directory is a network service that stores information about resources, such as computers and printers. If Active Directory is not used at your site or your operating system does not support it, the Find Printer button is not available.
- Click Find Printer.
- Locate a printer by selecting Printers in the Find box, and then entering the printer name in the Name box. You can also click Find Now to find all printers at your site.
- Select the printer you want in the Find Printers dialog box, and then click OK.
For additional help information, click Help Topics on the Help menu in the Find Printers dialog box.