By default, the headers and footers in Word are the same on each page. For reports or booklets, you often want something different on the left and right side of the document.
There is a different method to delete a header or footer from title page. Adding page numbers? Read add different page numbers in different sections.
- Double-click the header or footer area (near the top or bottom of the page) to open the Header & Footer Tools.
- Select the Different Odd & Even Pages check box.
- On one of the odd pages, click the header or footer area you want to change and then click the arrow below Header or Footer.
- There are several layouts here to use, including some listed specifically for odd or even page layouts. Scroll and then click the one you want and edit the text.
- Type your text. Read Add a heading or Add a header or footer with custom text or graphics for more information.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for the even pages.
- To return to the body of your document, click Close Header and Footer