- On the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Envelopes and Labels.
- Click the Labels tab.
- Click Options.
- In the Product number box, click a label type similar in size to your labels.
If you don't see the label type that you want in the Product number box, you may be able to use another of the listed labels, or you can create your own custom-sized labels.
- Click Details, and then compare the label dimensions and the number of labels per sheet (for labels printed on laser and ink-jet printers) or the number of columns on the label form (for labels printed on dot-matrix printers).
- Do one of the following:
In the Label Options dialog box, click the printer type (either Dot matrix or Laser and ink jet), and then click New Label.
Type a name in the Label name box, select the height, width, margins, and other options for your label, and then click OK.
- If the dimensions and label layout match those of your labels, use the selected label.
- If the dimensions and layout do not match yours, click Cancel, and continue on to step 7.
The new label appears in the Product number box as Label name - Custom. The label is also placed in the Other/Custom category, so the next time you use your custom labels, be sure to select Other/Custom in the Label products box.
Note Measure the labels carefully. The actual label size might be smaller than the size indicated by the label manufacturer. For example, a 1-by-2-inch label might actually be 15/16-inch high and 1-15/16-inches wide.