Note This information applies to creating an individual envelope or label, not to envelopes and labels created for mass mailings.
- On the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Envelopes and Labels.
- Click the Labels tab.
- In the Address box, do one of the following:
Under Print, do one of the following:
- If you are creating mailing labels, enter or edit the address.
If you want to use a return address, select the Use return address check box, and then edit the address if necessary.
- If you are creating another type of label, such as a book plate, type the text you want.
To select the label type, the type of paper feed, and other options, click Options, select the options you want, and then click OK.
- To print a single label, click Single label. Then, type or select the row and column number on the label sheet for the label you want to print.
- To print the same information on a sheet of labels, click Full page of the same label.
If the type of label you want to use is not listed in the Product number box, you might be able to use one of the listed labels, or you can click New Label to create your own custom labels.
- In the Envelopes and Labels dialog box, do one of the following:
- To print one or more labels, insert a sheet of labels into the printer, and then click Print.
- To save a sheet of labels for later editing or printing, click New Document.
If you have access to an electronic address book, you can click Insert Address to insert an address from that source into the Address box.
How-to information Find links to information about formatting labels — and information about creating and printing labels for mass mailings — under See Also, which is visible when you are connected to the Internet.