- On the File menu, click New.
- In the New Document task pane (task pane: A window within an Office program that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you to use these commands while still working on your files.), under Templates, click On my computer.
- Click the Memos tab.
- Double-click Memo Wizard.
If you do not see this wizard (wizard: A feature that asks questions and then creates an item, such as a form or Web page, according to your answers.) in the Templates dialog box, you might need to install it.
- Follow the steps in the wizard.
- For more templates and wizards, visit the Office.com Web site.
- You can use the Memo Wizard in Word 2003 to create a memo for printing, e-mail distribution, or faxing.