Make it easy: Use a template
- Start Word, or click File > New.
- Type return address label in the Search for online templates box and press Enter.
- Click the picture of the template you want and click Create.
- In the first label, click each line of the address and type the information for your return address. Word updates all the labels as soon as you click a new line or click in a margin.
- Print a test sheet on plain paper by clicking File > Print > Print button.
- If the test sheet looks good, load your return address label sheets into your printer and click File > Print > Print button.
More options and custom labels
Address labels are the most popular kind of label, but you can also find special printer paper for making things like business cards. On the Mailings tab, click Start Mail Merge > Labels. You can look through the list of vendors and product numbers and find templates for all kinds of labels.
Save your label file for next time
When you save a mail merge document, it stays connected to your mailing list. To use the mail merge document again, open it and click Yes when Word prompts you to keep that connection. Then, if you want to change which people or items you include in the merge, click Edit Recipient List to sort, filter, and select them. For more information about sorting and filtering a mailing list, see Sort and filter the data for a mail merge.