The Ribbon, which is part of the Microsoft Office Fluent user interface, is designed to help you quickly find the commands that you need to complete a task. Commands are organized in logical groups that are collected together under tabs. Because each tab relates to a type of activity, such as writing or laying out a page, it is not possible to customize the Ribbon without using XML and programming code.
The following is the Insert tab on the Ribbon in Microsoft Office Word 2007.
Things you can't do
- Add to or rearrange the commands on the Ribbon.
- Change or remove a command or group on the Ribbon.
- Add tabs to the Ribbon, unless you use XML and programming code.
- Switch to the toolbars and menus from earlier versions of Microsoft Office.
- Change the font or font size used on the Ribbon.
Note You can try to change the font size or DPI, but it does not affect all things on the Ribbon.
Things you can do