Some of the content in this topic may not be applicable to some languages.
- On the Tools menu, click AutoSummarize.
- Select the type of summary you want.
- In the Percent of original box, type or select the level of detail to include in the summary. Select a higher percentage of the original document to include more detail.
- If you don't want AutoSummarize to replace your existing keywords and comments on the Summary tab in the Properties dialog box (File menu), clear the Update document statistics check box.
- To cancel a summary in progress, press ESC.
- After you create your summary, review it to make sure it covers your document's key points. Keep in mind that the summary text is a rough draft and you'll probably need to fine-tune it.