Picture bullets (bullet: A dot or other symbol that is placed before text, such as items in a list, to add emphasis.) are often used in documents created for the Web.
- Select the items for which you want to add picture bullets or symbols.
- On the Format menu, click Bullets and Numbering, and then click the Bulleted tab.
- Click any style, and then click Customize.
- Decide whether to use a picture or symbol for bullets.
- Click Character to add a symbol.
- Click Picture to add a picture.
Note If you want to use a picture that is not in the list, click Import and browse to the picture you want to use.
- Click the picture or symbol you want to use, and then click OK twice.
You can create a custom bulleted list automatically as you type. First, specify a custom bullet in the Bullets and Numbering dialog box. Type the text for the first item in the list, and then press ENTER. Microsoft Word automatically inserts another custom bullet. To finish the list, press ENTER twice, or press BACKSPACE to delete the last bullet in the list.