In order to add electronic postage, you must first install an electronic postage program, such as one you purchased from a service on the World Wide Web (World Wide Web (WWW): The multimedia branch of the Internet that presents not only text, but also graphics, sound, and video. On the Web, users can easily jump from item to item, page to page, or site to site by using hyperlinks.).
- On the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Envelopes and Labels.
- Click the Envelopes or Labels tab.
- If necessary, enter or edit the delivery and return addresses.
- Select the Add electronic postage check box.
If you do not have an electronic postage program installed, Microsoft Word prompts you to install one and offers to connect to the Microsoft Office Online Web site. There you can get more information and links to other sites that offer electronic postage.
- To set options for the electronic postage programs that are installed on your computer, click E-postage Properties.
You can use the Mail Merge task pane to add electronic postage during a mail merge.