All of the tasks involved with a workflow are recorded in the tasks list that is associated with the workflow. The tasks list for a workflow is designated when the workflow is added to a list, library, or content type. A workflow can use the default Tasks list for the site, or it can use a custom tasks list that is unique to the workflow.
In some cases, an organization may restrict users' permission to view a workflow tasks list, especially if workflow tasks involve sensitive or confidential information.
View workflow tasks in the Tasks list
If a workflow records all workflow tasks in the default Tasks list for a site, you can use the My Tasks filter to locate and view your workflow tasks.
Note If a workflow records the workflow tasks in the default Tasks list for a site, the Tasks list may display both workflow tasks and nonworkflow tasks.
- On the Quick Launch, click Tasks to view the tasks for the site.
If Tasks does not appear on the Quick Launch, click View All Site Content, and then click Tasks.
- On the View menu, click the name of the view that you want, such as My Tasks.
Top of Page
Locate a custom tasks list and view all the tasks for a workflow in progress
If the workflow for which you want to view tasks does not record workflow tasks in the default Tasks list, you can locate the custom tasks list for the workflow by going to the Workflow Status page for the workflow item.
- Go to the list or library where the workflow item is saved.
- Point to the document or item that is involved in the workflow, click the arrow that appears, and then click Workflows.
- Under Running Workflows, click the name of the workflow for which you want to view tasks.
- On the Workflow Status page, under Tasks, click the link to the tasks list for this workflow.
- On the View menu, click the name of the view you want, such as My Tasks.
Note If you already know the name for the custom tasks list for a workflow, you can also locate it by clicking View All Site Content on the Quick Launch and then selecting the name of the list.
Top of Page