I can't copy and move files when I'm in Folder view in a document library
You may need to add the SharePoint site to the list of trusted sites in Internet Explorer. Try the following:
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
- In the Select a Web content zone to specify its security settings box, click Trusted sites, and then click Sites.
- In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type the URL of your site, and then click Add.
Note The Trusted sites zone should only contain sites that you believe you can download or run files from without worrying about damage to your computer or data. The default security level for the Trusted sites zone is Low, therefore, Internet Explorer will allow script files to run and cookies from Web sites in this zone to be saved on your computer and read by the Web site that created them.
I can't open a document library file in my application
- Are you an anonymous user (not a member of a site group)? Even though the site may allow anonymous users to view the file in a Web browser, you must be a member of a site group with the View Lists right to open the file in an application, and you must be a member of a site group with the Edit Items right to edit the file. See your site administrator for more information.
- Are you a member of a site group? The site group that you belong to must have the View Lists right to open the file in an application. You must be a member of a site group with the Edit Items right to edit the file. See your site administrator for more information.
I can't add a file to a document library
- Is the file empty? You cannot add a 0-byte file to a document library.
- Is the file one of the types that's blocked by the server? Administrators can specify which types of files are not allowed in document libraries. For more information, see the Windows SharePoint Services Administrator's Guide.
- Do you have the access rights necessary to add files to the site or document library? You must be a member of a site group with the Add Items right to add files to a document library. Contact your administrator to find out what rights you have on the site.
- Do you receive the message "There has been a network or file permission error"? If you receive that message while trying to save a file to a document library from within a program that is compatible with Windows SharePoint Services, you may need to change your proxy server settings. This problem occurs in intranet sites based on Windows SharePoint Services that use accounts from the network domain. Internet proxy servers don't support this authentication method, so you must bypass the proxy server for local (intranet) addresses.
To bypass your Internet proxy server for local addresses in Internet Explorer 5 or later, follow these steps:
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
- Under Proxy server, select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box, and then click OK.