Calculates standard deviation based on the entire population given as arguments. The standard deviation is a measure of how widely values are dispersed from the average value (the mean).
Number1,number2,... are 1 to 30 number arguments corresponding to a population.
- Logical values such as TRUE and FALSE and text are ignored. If logical values and text must not be ignored, use the STDEVPA spreadsheet function.
- STDEVP assumes that its arguments are the entire population. If your data represents a sample of the population, then compute the standard deviation using STDEV.
- For large sample sizes, STDEV and STDEVP return approximately equal values.
- The standard deviation is calculated using the "biased" or "n" method.
- STDEVP uses the following formula:
||=STDEVP([St1], [St2], [St3], [St4], [St5], [St6], [St7], [St8], [St9], [St10])
||Standard deviation of breaking strength, assuming only 10 tools are produced (26.05455814)