You can add and remove filters for items in a list (list: A Web site component that stores and displays information that users can add to by using their browsers. Requires a Web server that is running Windows SharePoint Services.), document library (document library: A folder where a collection of files is stored and the files often use the same template. Each file in a library is associated with user-defined information that is displayed in the content listing for that library.), or discussion board. You can also add, edit, or remove custom filters with multiple criteria for each column by editing the list in datasheet view.
Note You can edit a list in datasheet view only if a datasheet program compatible with Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services, such as Office Professional Edition 2003, is installed on your computer.
Add and remove filters
- On the toolbar, click Filter. A drop-down list appears above each column containing all of the values for that column.
- In the drop-down list for the column on which you want to filter, click the value for the items you want to display. Only items matching that value display.
- You can continue to apply additional filters until only the desired items are displayed.
- To remove a filter, click All in the drop-down list for the filtered column. Other filters are unaffected.
Add, edit, and remove custom filters by editing the datasheet
- On the toolbar, click Edit in Datasheet.
- Click the drop-down list for the column on which you want to filter, and then click Custom Filter.
- On the Custom Filter dialog box, you can enter up to three rules.
Rules applied to other columns linked by And must both be true for an item to display. Rules linked by Or display if either rule is true.
- You can edit a custom filter at any time to broaden or narrow the displayed items by clicking Custom Filter in the drop-down list for the column in the grid view.
- To completely remove a custom filter from a column, click Show All in the drop-down list for a column. Filters on other columns are unaffected.
Note You can also use the drop-down lists in the datasheet view to add, edit, or remove simple filters.
Filters added while editing in datasheet view go away if you change to the standard view, and do not return if you later go back to datasheet view.
Display sorted or filtered items