- In the top link bar, click Create.
- On the Create Page page, click Custom List.
- In the Name box, type a name for the list.
This field is required.
- In the Description box, type a description of the purpose of the list.
This field is optional.
- In the Navigation section, if you want a hyperlink (hyperlink: A colored and underlined block of text or a graphic that a user clicks to go to a file, a location in a file, an HTML page on the World Wide Web, or an HTML page on an intranet. Hyperlinks can also go to newsgroups and to Gopher, Telnet, and FT) to this list to appear on the Quick Launch bar, click Yes.
- Click Create.
You can open the new list by clicking Documents and Lists on the top link bar, and then clicking the list name in the Discussion Boards section. If you chose to add the list to the Quick Launch bar, you can also click the list name there to open it.
- Add columns to your list.
- On the page that displays the list, click Modify settings and columns.
- In the Columns section, click Add a new column.
- In the Name and Type section, in the Column name box, type a name for the column.
- Select the type of information you want to display in this column.
Note For more information about column types, see Information types and options.
- In the Optional Settings for Column section, specify the settings that you want.
- At the bottom of the page, click OK.
- Repeat these steps to add additional columns.
Create a list of announcements, contacts, events, tasks, issues, or links
Information types and options