A chart helps you understand data in ways that you can’t see just be looking at numbers or information. When a chart is in your worksheet, it updates automatically, when the data it represents is changed.
To add a chart in Excel Web App:
- Be sure you’re using Editing view (click Edit in Browser).
- Select the range of cells that contain the data you want to chart.
- On the Insert tab click a chart type.
- Position the chart where you want it on your worksheet.
- Make any adjustments, such as turning off the legend, changing axes, or revising labels. You can even switch to a different type of chart, which might display the data better.
In Microsoft Excel Web App you can create most of the same types of charts that you can create in the Excel 2010 desktop application:
- Column charts
- Line charts
- Pie charts
- Bar charts
- Area charts
- XY (scatter) charts
- Doughnut charts
- Radar charts
For information about how you can use each of these types of charts to portray your data, see Available chart types.