You can automatically set up Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 to access your account using only your email address and password.
Set up Outlook for Mac 2011
- Open Outlook for Mac 2011. On the Tools menu, click Accounts. If this is the first account you're creating in Outlook 2011, under Add an Account, click Exchange Account.
If you've previously created an email account for a different email address, in the lower corner of the Accounts dialog box, click , and then click Exchange.
- On the Enter your Exchange account information page, type your email address.
- Under Authentication, make sure User Name and Password is selected.
- In the User name box, type your complete email address. In the Password box, type your password.
- Make sure Configure automatically is selected, and then click Add Account.
- After you click Add Account, Outlook will perform an online search to find your email server settings. In the dialog box that asks if you want to allow the server to configure your settings, select the Always use my response for this server check box, and then click Allow.
- If Outlook is able to set up your account, you'll see the account you set up in the Accounts dialog box. Close the Accounts dialog box. If Outlook isn't able to set up your account, see the next section in this article.
What else do I need to know?
- If your email account is the type that requires registration, you must register it the first time you sign in to Outlook Web App. Connecting to your email account through Outlook will fail if you haven't registered your account through Outlook Web App. After you sign in to your account, sign out. Then try to connect using Outlook. For more information about how to sign in to your account using Outlook Web App, see Sign in to Outlook Web App.
- If Outlook isn't able to set up your account, do one or more of the following:
- Wait a few minutes and try again.
- If you need to connect to your email account immediately, use a Web browser or an email program that supports POP or IMAP to connect to your account using Outlook Web App. For information, see Sign in to Outlook Web App or Use IMAP or POP email programs.
- If you know the name of the person who manages your mailbox (sometimes called an email administrator), contact them and report the error you get when you try to connect with Outlook.
Top of Page