Choose your billing market:
Visio Standard 2013
Create professional diagrams with a rich set of built-in stencils.
Microsoft Visio Standard 2013 is designed for individuals who are looking for a powerful
diagramming platform with a rich set of built-in stencils. It helps users to simplify complex information through simple,
easy-to-understand diagrams. Visio Standard includes stencils for business, basic network diagrams, organization charts,
basic flowcharts, and general multi-purpose diagrams.
Get a jump start on your diagram
Take advantage of built-in templates, many with updated shapes. Visio Standard includes stencils for:
- General diagrams, such as basic and block
- Business diagrams, such as audit, brainstorming, marketing, and organization charts
- Flowcharts, such as basic, cross-functional, and simple workflows
- Maps and floor plans
- Basic network shapes
- Schedule diagrams and timelines
Create and customize diagrams easily
- Create and customize professional-looking diagrams using a rich set of expanded and improved effects and themes that apply a completely different look to your design in just one or two clicks.
- Easily find the stencil you need with built-in search right from the start screen.
- Create, review, and edit diagrams on Windows 8 tablets using touch, with improved support for common activities (such as adding and removing shapes) and gestures (such as pinch to zoom).
- Get a better view of how your diagram will look when printed with a new print preview.
Perform common tasks quickly
- Get to frequently used tools right away with a significantly improved quick-access floating toolbar.
- Easily replace any shape (or combination of shapes) in a diagram while preserving your shape connections, shape metadata, and overall layout.
- Easily give your diagrams the look you want with improved alignment, spacing, and sizing guides and new ways to adjust the appearance of your shapes (such as with drag handles).
- Duplicate and reorder diagram pages while preserving your diagram layout and metadata.
Customize organization charts easily with template and wizard improvements
- Use a simple wizard to create your org chart and import data from Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Exchange, or Microsoft Office 365.
- Quickly change the look of your org chart by applying one of several styles—from professional to playful—with just one click.
- Fine tune the way your org chart looks with improved layout options and a new ribbon tab that provides access to simple yet powerful controls.
- Easily add a personal touch to your org charts by importing pictures in bulk (either from your Exchange directory or from individual files). Your photos will be cropped automatically to fit the shape.
Give and act on feedback with improved commenting
- Enable others to add comments to a diagram from virtually any device, whether through Visio or through a browser using Visio Services (requires SharePoint Server or SharePoint Online).
- Make it instantly clear which part of the diagram a comment relates to by adding comments that are connected to a specific shape and that will move with the underlying shape (including across pages).
- Simplify how you manage feedback by responding to comments directly, deleting individual comments if they no longer apply, or filtering comments based on criteria that you set, such as by author or page.
- Get immediate clarification on feedback by initiating an instant messaging (IM) conversation or audio/video call with reviewers right from within Visio. (Requires a compliant IM application, such as Microsoft Lync.)
Find out more
"Using Visio 2013, customers comment on diagram shapes and we get in-depth feedback to improve the consultancy process. With a better understanding of customers' expectations, we can improve service."
Project Manager, Malik Management Zentrum AGT
"Using Visio Professional 2013 coauthoring capabilities, we can develop and deploy business process diagrams that meet our customers’ needs in half the time that it took with other tools in the market."
Founder and Chief Executive Officer, GIEOM