|Microsoft Office Visio® 2003 Service Pack 1
Visio 2003 introduced many improvements to the Organization Chart template. One of the consequences of those improvements, however, was that when you opened and converted an organization chart that was created with an earlier version of Visio, custom formatting and text weren't always retained. With Visio 2003 Service Pack 1, you can open organization charts created with earlier versions of Visio (as far back as Visio 5.0c) and convert them to Visio 2003 while keeping their original graphical qualities. The conversion happens automatically every time you open an organization chart created with an earlier version of Visio.
The specific improvements when opening and converting organization charts with Visio 2003 Service Pack 1 include:
- Full conversion of text, fill, line, and shadow formatting.
- Full conversion of text and data added to a shape.
- Better conversion of custom code. (Developers should note, though, that changes to the Geometry and Text Transform sections of the Visio ShapeSheet are lost after conversion, and some code may not run as expected in the new Visio 2003 environment.)
- Full conversion of connectors and layout styles.
To get Service Pack 1, go to Downloads on Office Online. Under Office Update, click Check for Updates.
Note Visio 2003 organization charts use features that do not work in earlier versions of Visio. To keep your original organization chart file, make sure you save the updated organization chart with a new name.
To save a converted organization chart with a new name
- Open the organization chart.
Visio 2003 Service Pack 1 automatically converts the organization chart to work with the current version of Visio.
- When asked if you want to save the updated file with a new name, click Yes.