You can share files with people using Visio 2003 or later by saving your diagram file in the appropriate file format.
- Click the File tab.
- In the side bar, click Save As.
- Under Choose a location, click the option you want.
- Under Choose a folder, click Browse for Additional Folders.
- In the Save as type drop-down list, select Visio 2003-2010 Drawing (*.vsd).
- Browse to the location where you want to save the file and click Save.
If your diagram uses features that are not available in earlier versions of Visio, the Microsoft Visio Compatibility Checker dialog appears and lists the features that cannot be saved, or that will look different in the earlier format. Click Continue to save anyway, or Cancel if you want to change the diagram and remove the advanced features before you save it.