You can import Outlook calendar appointments into a new or existing Visio calendar, which you can then customize and distribute, publish on the Web, or print for your own reference.
Using the Import Outlook Data Wizard in Visio, you can specify the date and time range you want, and filter for appointments by subject. Then you can import your Outlook data into a one-week, multi-week, or one-month calendar in Visio, and customize the Visio calendar by changing font styles and colors, adding calendar art for decoration and to represent events and appointments.
Note You must have Outlook installed to use this feature.
- Click the File tab.
- Click New, and then under Template Categories, click Schedule.
- Double-click Calendar.
- On the Calendar tab, click Import Outlook Data.
Note If you do not have Outlook installed, this command is not available.
- On the first wizard page, choose whether you want to import your Outlook calendar data into a new or selected (existing) Visio calendar, and then click Next.
Note The Selected Calendar option is available only if you select a calendar on the drawing page before you start the wizard.
- On the second wizard page, specify the date and time range for the calendar data that you want to import.
- If you want to choose only appointments that match the subject criteria that you specify, click the Filter button. In the Filter Outlook Data dialog box, enter the subject text that you want, and then click OK.
- Click Next.
- On the third wizard page, select the calendar type that you want to use for your imported data, select whether you want to shade weekends, select the day to begin weeks on, select the language to use for date formats, and then click Next.
Note This wizard page appears only if you selected New Visio calendar on the first wizard page.
- On the final wizard page, review the calendar properties, and then click Finish.
Note If you've imported more appointments than fit on a particular day, the appointments will stack on top of each other. You may need to resize the calendar to see them.
Note You can compare or combine schedules for multiple individuals. First, import your own appointments, and then send or share the calendar file. Each person then runs the Import Outlook Data Wizard to add their appointments to the calendar.
Top of Page