Format a text block
Change the text background color
- Select a shape.
- On the Format menu, click Text, and then click the Text Block tab.
- Under Text background, click Solid color, and then select a color from the list.
- To make the background transparent, move the transparency slider to the right.
Note If the selected shape has a fill, to see the transparent effect on the text background, you must make the fill transparent as well.
Copy text formatting from one shape to another
- Double-click a shape to select its text.
- Do one of the following:
Click the shape to which you want to copy the text attributes.
- To format a single shape, click the Format Painter button on the Standard toolbar.
- To format multiple shapes as you click, double-click the Format Painter button on the Standard toolbar.
Format punctuation marks and symbols
- On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options, and then click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Select or clear any of the automatic formatting options you want to turn on or off.
Note Microsoft Office Visio automatically changes the look of your text based on the AutoFormat options selected here. Examples include changing fraction characters to a fraction symbol or formatting arrows with special symbols.