- In the UML model diagram file that represents your system, click UML, and then click Stereotypes.
- In the UML Stereotypes dialog box, click New.
- Under name, type the name of the stereotype (stereotypes: A representation of a usage distinction. A stereotype is a subclass of an existing element with the same attributes and relationships as that element but with a different intent and possibly additional constraints.). You don't need to add the guillemets (<< >>). Under Base Class, choose the type of element you want the stereotype to classify.
- Type or choose the other options you want.
- To specify additional stereotype properties, click Properties. Type or select the steroetype properties you want. Click OK.
- Click OK.
Tip If you want to define a new stereotype that is similar to an existing one, you can duplicate an existing stereotype definition, and then modify it as needed. To duplicate a stereotype definition, on the UML menu, click Stereotypes, select a stereotype to duplicate, and then click Duplicate.