When you select a picture that you have inserted into a Visio diagram, a Format tab with the heading Picture Tools appears in the Ribbon. Use the tools on this tab to modify pictures.
What do you want to do?
Crop an AutoCAD drawing, picture, or a linked or embedded object
- To crop an AutoCAD drawing, first unlock it by doing the following:
- Right-click the AutoCAD drawing, point to CAD Drawing Object, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab, clear the Lock size and position check box, and then click OK.
- Select the CAD drawing, picture, object.
- For DWG objects, right-click the object and then click Crop Tool.
- For objects other than DWG objects, on the Format tab under Picture Tools, in the Arrange group, click Crop Tool .
- Drag the selection handles until only the portion of the drawing, picture, or object that you want is visible.
- To see a different portion of the picture (“pan” the drawing, picture, or object inside the cropped border), place your pointer over the object until the pointer becomes a hand symbol, and then drag.
- When you're done, for DWG objects click an empty place in the diagram to clear the selection, and for other objects click Crop Tool again to turn it off.
- To lock a CAD drawing so that you don't accidentally move or resize it while you are working, do the following:
- Right-click the CAD drawing, point to CAD Drawing Object, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab, select the Lock size and position check box, and then click OK.
Note When you change the size of an object's border with the Crop Tool, the object itself is not resized, but the amount of the object that is visible is reduced or enlarged.
Tip To reduce the size of a picture, delete the cropped areas. On the Format tab under Picture Tools, click Compress Picture, select Delete cropped areas of pictures, and then click OK.
Modify a picture
- Select the picture. The Format tab under Picture Tools appears.
- To change the appearance of the image, click Brightness or Contrast. You can see a preview of the effect by holding the pointer over a value.
- To reduce the size of the image, click Compress Picture and make your selections.
- Change the thickness (weight), color, and appearance of the border around the picture by clicking Line and setting your preferences.
- Add effects to the picture, such as transparency, blur, sharpen, and denoise, by opening the Format Picture dialog box:
- Click the Format Picture Dialog Box Launcher:
- On the Image Control tab, use the sliders to set the amount of each effect you want.
Top of Page