You can crop an AutoCAD drawing, picture, or a linked or embedded object.
- To crop an AutoCAD drawing, first unlock it by doing the following:
- Right-click the AutoCAD drawing, point to CAD Drawing Object, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab, clear the Lock size and position check box, and then click OK.
- Select the CAD drawing, picture, object.
- Click the Crop tool on the Picture toolbar. (If the Picture toolbar is not visible, on the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Picture.)
Tip For CAD drawings, you can also right-click the drawing and click Crop Tool.
- Drag the selection handles until only the portion of the drawing, picture, or object that you want is visible.
- To see a different portion (“pan” the drawing, picture, or object), place your pointer over the object until the pointer becomes a hand symbol, and then drag.
- When you're done, click the Pointer tool .
- To lock a CAD drawing so that you don't accidentally move or resize it while you are working, do the following:
- Right-click the CAD drawing, point to CAD Drawing Object, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab, select the Lock size and position check box, and then click OK.
Note When you change the size of an object's border with the Crop tool, the object itself is not resized, but the amount of the object that is visible is reduced or enlarged.
Tip To reduce the size of an picture, delete the cropped areas. On the Format menu, click , click the Compression tab, select Delete cropped areas of pictures, and then click OK.