ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) is a framework that IT professionals use to identify best practices for their IT service management. An ITIL process is typically drawn as a flowchart. The ITIL Diagram template in Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007provides attractive and functional shapes to create and enhance diagrams of ITIL processes.
- On the File menu, point to New, point to Business, and then click ITIL Diagram.
- From the ITIL stencil and other stencils that open with the template, drag shapes onto the drawing page to represent the processes of your IT services.
- Use the Connector tool to connect the shapes:
- On the Standard toolbar, click the Connector tool , and then drag from a connection point on the first shape to a connection point on the second shape. The connector endpoints turn red when the shapes are connected.
- When you finish connecting the shapes, click the Pointer tool on the Standard toolbar.
Tip You can connect your shapes automatically by selecting the Connector tool first and then dragging your shapes onto the drawing page. The shapes connect in the order that you add them.