Use the Electrical Engineering drawing type to create electrical and electronic schematic diagrams.
Show me an example of a basic electrical engineering diagram
- On the File menu, point to New, point to Engineering, and then click one of the following:
- Basic Electrical
- Circuits and Logic
- Industrial Control Systems
These templates open an unscaled drawing page in portrait orientation . You can change these settings at any time.
- Drag electrical component shapes onto the drawing page. Shapes can have data. You can enter shape data and add new data to a shape.
Enter shape data
- Select a shape, and then on the Shape menu, click Shape Data.
- In the Shape Data dialog box, click in each item and type or select a value.
- Connect electrical components using the Connector tool or connector shapes.
Use the Connector tool
- Click the Connector tool .
- Drag from a connection point on the first shape to a connection point on the second shape. The connector endpoints turn red when the shapes are connected.
Use connector shapes
- Drag a connector shape onto the drawing page.
- Place the connector's begin point on the parent shape (the shape you’re connecting from).
- Place the connector's end point on the child shape (the shape you’re connecting to).
When the connector is glued to the shapes, the endpoints turn red.
- Label individual electrical component shapes by selecting the shape and typing.