- On the File menu, point to New, point to Software, and then click ROOM.
- Drag the Actor class shape from ROOM onto the drawing page.
- Name the shape by selecting it, and then typing.
- Drag an Actor reference shape or a Modified actor ref. shape onto the drawing page, and place it inside the Actor class shape.
Note To change the Modified actor ref. object type at any time, right-click the shape, and then click Select Actor Reference Type.
- Drag a port shape onto the drawing page, and then connect it to an actor shape.
Note To change the port type later, right-click the shape, and then click Select Reference Port or Select Relay Port.
- Drag a Binding shape onto the drawing page, and then connect it to port shapes to represent a communication path between ports.
- If your ROOM diagram includes ROOM layers, add additional layer or export connector shapes to connect the different layers.