Home: Format text and paragraphs. Align and position shapes. Group and ungroup shapes. Send shapes forward or backward. Add shapes to layers.
Insert: Add new pages, insert pictures, and put callouts and containers onto the page.
Design: Change to portrait or landscape, change the page size, set the background, and configure connector settings.
Data: Link data to shapes, add data graphics, and open the Shape Data window.
Process: Create new subprocesses, work with SharePoint workflows.
Review: Check spelling, change the dictionary, insert comments, and draw freeform ink.
View: Turn on the ruler, grid, and guides. Show task panes like the Size & Position window, and the Pan & Zoom window.
File: Convert to .vsdx. Print and print preview. Export to another format. Change Visio options.
Create a diagram
- Click File>New and search for online templates.
- Click File>New>Featured and scroll through the list of popular templates.
- Click File>New>Categories to browse through categories of templates.
Get more shapes
- In the Shapes window, click Search.
- In the Shapes window, click More Shapes.
- In the Shapes window, click More Shapes>My Shapes>Favorites.
- To zoom in or out, use the Zoom slider at the bottom of the program.
- To switch between open files, click the Switch Windows button in the lower right corner of the program.