|Microsoft Office Visio® 2003
Including pictures of employees in your organization charts can help to humanize your corporate intranet site, help new employees get acquainted, and assist far-flung virtual teams to get a sense of who their co-workers are. Using the improved organization chart shapes in Visio 2003, you can easily add pictures to your organization charts.
Later, you can show, hide, replace, or remove pictures as you want.
You can find the organization chart shapes on the Organization Chart Shapes stencil. The Organization Chart Shapes stencil opens with the Organization Chart template automatically. Before you can use the the organization chart shapes, you must open the Organization Chart template or start the Organization Chart Wizard.
To insert a picture
- Right-click the organization chart shape you want to add a picture to, and then click Insert Picture.
- In the Insert Picture dialog box, locate the folder that contains the picture you want to insert, and then click the picture file.
The picture appears on the left side of the shape. If you resize the shape, the picture resizes proportionally.
The size of the shape increases when you add a picture, which might affect the spacing between shapes. Click the Re-layout button on the Organization Chart toolbar to adjust the layout.
To show or hide a picture
- Right-click the shape that contains the picture you want to hide, and then click Hide Picture. To show the picture again, right-click the shape, and then click Show Picture.
To show or hide all pictures at once
- To show or hide pictures for all shapes in your organization chart, on the Organization Chart menu, click Options. On the Options tab, under Shape Display, select or clear the Show Pictures check box. Any individual shapes you have set to not display pictures (using the shortcut menu) will not display pictures even if you select this check box.
To replace a picture
- Right-click the shape that contains the picture you want to replace, and then click Replace Picture. In the dialog box, locate the picture you want, and then click Insert.
To delete a picture
- Right-click the shape that contains the picture you want to delete, and then click Delete Picture.