ScreenTips are small windows that display descriptive text when you rest the pointer over a shape. Use ScreenTips to display extra information for a shape.
- To add a ScreenTip to a shape, select the shape.
- On the Insert menu, click Shape ScreenTip.
- Type the text for the ScreenTip, and then click OK.
- To view the ScreenTip, position the pointer over the shape.
If the ScreenTip doesn't appear, on the Tools menu, click Options, and on the View tab, select the Other Screen Tips check box.
- To edit a ScreenTip, select the shape. On the Insert menu, click Edit Shape ScreenTip. Edit the text, and then click OK.
To delete the ScreenTip, delete the text in the Shape ScreenTip dialog box, and then click OK.
Note You cannot format or print the text of a ScreenTip.