Schedule a Conference Call using Outlook.
The final launch of the new product is just a day away. All the preparations are completed, and everyone is excited and waiting to see how the product will do in the market. Soon after the launch, you start receiving reports from your team in Canada about the early response to the product. To review those reports, you want to schedule a post-mortem audio conference the week after the launch. You can schedule a Communicator 2007 conference call with all the teams by using Outlook and capture all the feedback from the launch.
Communicator 2007 allows you to schedule audio conference calls by using Outlook. Those invited to the conference, including you, can join the conference by using their traditional phone lines or mobile phones. They can also join from their computers if they have a speaker and a microphone or a USB audio device attached to the computer.
To schedule a Communicator 2007 conference call, do the following:
- Open Outlook, and then click Conferencing.
- Click Schedule a Conference Call to a meeting invitation.
- In the meeting invitation, enter the names of the participants in the To box, enter the subject of the conference call in the Subject box, and select the date and time of the call.
- To assign the leader rights to the participants, click the Leader button.
- Assign access to all the participants by clicking the Access button.
- Click Send.
Note The scheduled conference call meeting will appear in the contact's Outlook Calendar.