Make text and pictures fly in, bounce, and zoom out using the animation features in Microsoft® PowerPoint®. Apply preset animation schemes, and use custom animation to modify them or create animation sequences of your own.
About this course
This course includes:
- Three self-paced lessons and practice sessions for hands-on experience.
- A short test at the end of each lesson; tests are not scored.
- A Quick Reference Card you can take away from the course.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply consistent, lively animation effects to text using preset schemes.
- Use custom animation to change preset effects or to create animation sequences of your own.
- Animate text by word, letter, or line and add dimming and sound effects.
- Use entrance and exit effects to fade pictures in and out with items in a bulleted list.
Animation effects give motion to text, pictures, and other content on your slides. Besides adding action, they help you steer audience focus, emphasize important points, transition between slides, and maximize slide space by moving things on and off. Used well, animation effects bring flair, spice, and surprise.
This course covers both the simplest way to add animations and the more detailed, customized way. For more about the course, read the overview in the center of this page or the detailed table of contents in the left column.
Click the Next button to start the first lesson.